5 Questions to Obtain Before Contracting a Roofer
When hiring a roofer its imperative to make certain they meet the skill and the required skills for the job. A roofer is being trusted to keep your house safe and unimpeded from leakage and unpleasant weather. Here are the top 5 questions to examine before retaining a roofer.
1. Does the roofing company have a local office? While many roofing companies function online in order to obtain peace of mind ask if they have a local office. Still if the roofer is operating his business out of their personal house there should be a physical address related with the company. If there is a problem the consumer needs to be able to identify and get hold of the contractor. Possessing a business address associated with the company shows that they are a professional and reputable company.
2. Ask for License, Bonded, and Insurance Information
Unfortunately, accidents may occur on the job site and it is essential that the roofing company is equipped to withstand any accidents that potentially arise on the job. This will help safeguard you and your home. Licensing and being bonded indicates that the roofing operator is at least insured and covered in case of accidents. If there is an accident while the roof is being worked on the company will be likely to cover it. If not the homeowner may have trouble obtaining compensation for damages and may suffer additional out of pocket costs.
3. Is there a Warranty? A reputable roofing business enterprise will guarantee their work for a specific period of time. Many roofing companies provide a 10-year warranty on the craftsmanship and the materials if they furnished them. Be sure to ask about this and read the contract closely for warranty information being before signing it. If no warranty is offered this can be a sign that the company does not follow the best practices.
4. Ask for References A roofing company oughta be inclined to provide a list of references from their previous customers. This will enable a person to find out if the roofing company genuinely delivers on their promises and customers can convey any problems they saw along the way. In addition to calling these references online reviews should also be validated.
5. Is the estimate in writing?
Any roofing company can give a verbal estimate but a good one will provide all of the details in writing. This includes the proposed price, what is included in this job, the start date, and the approximate finish date for the job. Roofing procedures should also be in writing. This way a customer know what they are going to pay and can be wary of any hidden charges when they get their final bill. They will also know what is included in the price and what services will cost extra.
These are some questions that should be asked to a roofing company before they are hired. These questions will allow a person to determine if they are working with a professional service and help make sure they are not taken advantage of.
If you need leaning chimney repair service, we can help you. Email us today for more information.
Would you like to add your business to our site? It’s FREE! Please click the button now.